I began writing at the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram in December, 2017. This Wisconsin daily newspaper serves the communities in Eau Claire, Chippewa and Dunn counties. My reporting includes Dunn County courts, crime and government. Dunn County’s biggest city is Menomonie and there I cover city government, crime, school distict and University of Wisconsin-Stout. I also tend to fill in on general assignments in Eau Claire.
My most recent reporting can be found here.
I started writing for the Beaver Dam Daily Citizen in 2013. The Wisconsin daily newspaper serves the communities of Beaver Dam, Mayville, Horicon, Waupun and Juneau. My main focus is Beaver Dam, Horicon and Juneau city governments.
The 100-Year Flood series
- Record flood had long-lasting impact
- Rising above the water: Dodge County adapts and changes from flood’s aftermath
- Wake up call: Area is better prepared for disaster
Downtown at the Crossroads series
- A new direction sought for downtown Beaver Dam
- Vacant properties pose safety and business threats
- Beaver Dam businesses owners optimistic about downtown
Dodge County Sales Tax stories
- City leaders interested in sales tax funds
- Most mayors would like to use sales tax for infrastructure
My reporting can be found here.
Wisconsin Newspaper Association, 2017
- Digital Project – Second place (Beaver Dam street ratings map)
- Sports Feature – Second place (Woman runs marathon on all continents)
Wisconsin Newspaper Association, 2016
- Digital Project – First place (Dodge County sales tax use)
- Reporting on Local Government – Second place (Dodge County sales tax use)
Wisconsin Newspaper Association, 2015
- Digital Project – Limited Duration or Single Story – First place (Downtown at the Crossroads)
- Enterprise/Interpretive Reporting – Honorable mention (Downtown at the Crossroads)
Wisconsin Newspaper Association, 2013
I started freelance writing for Skewed and Reviewed in 2011. I write video games reviews and previews as well as opinion pieces. A few of my opinion pieces have been picked up and published in the Maricopa Monitor, Maricopa, Arizona.
My most recent articles can be found here.
In the summer of 2012, I started working as an intern at Volume One in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and even before that I was a consistent contributor.
I aided the editorial staff with their annual “Going Green” issue. Once my internship ended, I continued to report on interests to the Eau Claire area that involved the quirky, business, music and food.
My writing can be found here.
Some of my reporting can be found here.
The Spectator Writer of the Month – January-February 2011